Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Brothers Pizza Staten Island N.Y. DoTube's Pick Of The Week!


Over the past 25 years, it seems that major pizza franchises have been popping up in malls, food courts and strip malls across the country! I believe that pizza just might be the most popular home delivery food in the U.S. today, 15 minutes or less is the motto! The new trend in the pizza world is specialty pizza like Eggplant Parmesan, Chicken Marsala, Baked Ziti and Philly Cheeses Steak, and although they are delicious I had to ask myself,  DOES ANYONE SERVE JUST A PLAIN CHEESE PIZZA anymore?

Long gone are the days of the local neighborhood pizza parlors when the pizza was made with real ingredients right before your eyes, so you knew it was fresh, and the people behind the counter were your friends, they would ask you, how's your dad and mom? Tell them I said hi!

You see I grew up in Atlantic City, and my neighborhood pizza parlor was Tony's Baltimore Grill and if you ask anyone who's from A.C. they will tell you the same thing. So when I moved out of AC to Staten Island, I was a little upset that I'd probably never have a neighborhood style pizza again! That was until the Staten Island, locals told me about Brothers Pizza in the Port Richmond part of town.

As you drive up forest ave, you will see Brothers Pizza, sitting on the corner like a food oasis, the whole scene looks straight out of a modern Italian movie!, did De Niro, and Pesci just walk out with a pie?

Brothers Pizza 

When you walk in your welcomed by a glass case full of old world style pizzas, like the grandma, Sicilian, margarita, white slice, and the classic cheeses and sauce! I have personally tried them all, and I could not choose which one I like the best?

Brothers Pizza

The glass case is not just for pizza! Check out these delicious garlic knots 

Brothers Pizza 

Also, these Stromboli's stuffed with spinach and cheese 

Brothers Pizza 

These golden mozzarella sticks, potato croquettes, and rice balls
come with a side of marinara for dipping! 

Brothers Pizza 
I wish I could say that I was the one who discovered this Staten Island, gem but as you look at their wall of fame you will see that they have been featured in many popular magazines and newspapers like the
New York Times and Staten Island advances!  

Even making a guest appearance on Regis and Kelly which is pretty, impressive don't you think?
Brothers Pizza 

I would not consider Brothers Pizza, to be a parlor. Because parlors are small with very few chairs and tables, Brothers Pizza has a large dining room with plenty of room to seat even more major parties! 


Brothers Pizza

But of course, this is all hearsay unless I give a true opinion of the food
by tasting it myself? which of course is the best part of the blog! 


First, the most sought out slice in the world, the plain cheese pizza!
The combination of soft Italian bread, light sauce, and rich cheese makes this one delicious slice of pizza!
 I heard Regis had 3 slices on the set of the show? just kidding! 

Brothers Pizza

This is their white slice with fresh mozzarella and chunks of fresh ricotta cheese
for those of us who want a soft, creamy slice of pizza! 

Brothers Pizza 

Remember when you were trying to watch your waistline, and would just order a salad? well, you better reconsider, because the Italian antipasto salad could be mistaken for an entrée! This salad is loaded with what I call an Italian cold cut buffet! Salami, Capicola, fresh mozzarella, sharp cheese, roasted peppers, green olives and much more! Now common sense says that the dressing should be zesty Italian, but I prefer balsamic and olive oil, call me a rebel. This is a 5-star salad!  


Brothers Pizza 
I don't know about you but I'm a big shrimp scampi fan, and Brothers Pizza has a great shrimp scampi entrée! The shrimps are nice and clean over linguine in a garlic scampi sauce that's so good you will order extra bread just to dip in! I actually had the shrimp scampi twice this week and was not sure what pic to use? Well since blogger don't charge to post pictures I decided to post both of them, I'm sure you won't mind?
Brothers Pizza

Brothers Pizza

Watching your carb intake? Then order the shrimp scampi
without pasta, I promise it's just as delicious!

Brothers Pizza

Or if you're like me who's not counting calories then go for the Shrimp Parmesan!
Breaded shrimp covered in Parmesan cheese and marinara, WARNING
  This dish comes out piping hot! So give it a few minutes to cool, it's so worth the wait.

Brothers Pizza

And of course last but not least the pin-up for all Italian restaurants around the world! The traditional spaghetti and meatballs. They give you plenty of pasta so it's great for sharing, and the meatballs are nice and moist, but what I like the most is their marinara because it's mild enough for kids to enjoy.
 This is a delicious dish for family gatherings!

Brothers Pizza 

You could also order a side of pasta with any of the entrées with
your choice of spaghetti, ziti, and penne!

Brothers Pizza

Brothers Pizza has such a wide variety of delicious
goodies there's no way to list them all!

Brothers Pizza 

Make sure you say hi to George! He's one of the owners and a great guy, with his good attitude and delicious food it's a pleasure to have lunch or dinner there! 

Brothers Pizza

So here's my conclusion! If you're in the mood for a great slice of neighborhood style pizza and don't want it covered with Chicken Marsala, then Brothers Pizza is the place for you! Great food and family friendly at a good price, if you're even in the Staten Island area check them out!



To Be The First To Read My Next 
Restaurant Review, Make Sure You Follow By Email, Bookmark or BlogLovin! 
Also Don't Forget To Share, Like, and Comment!




A Few Twitter Shout Outs I Have Received!



...........................................................................................................................








...........................................................................................................................






...........................................................................................................................

Brothers Pizza FaceBook Link 


Brother's Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments: