Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dinner At Mastro's Steakhouse NYC DoTube's Pick Of The Week


As I left off last week, it was my mom and dad's 46th year anniversary, so my wife and I decided to take them for an afternoon at The Met and for dinner at the hottest new restaurant in NYC, Mastro's Steakhouse, click here if you missed last weeks post! A Tourist at The Metropolitan Museum of Art NYC!

After travailing through time and history at The Met, we were pretty hungry. All the snack bars were closed, so I do suggest to bring a few snacks of your own, so you won't suffer a hunger attack like I did with no place to grab a bite!

So as we arrived I notice the front of the restaurant was stunning from a block away! That's because the stripes you see in the picture above are beaming white lights that light up the whole neighborhood. When we walked in the restaurant, it had a very rich business man visiting out to town type feel to it. The place was packed with people who seemed to me to be the future of Wall Street. Now I don't mean to make it sound like you have to be dressed in a Brooks Brothers, suit and have your business cards on hand at all times, but what I am saying is this restaurant has a very professional and classy feel to it.

So of course as always I had a dilemma, I had my Canon T4I with me because I just finished making a video tour of The Met, and of course, because I'm a food blogger I figured why not kill two birds with one stone and do a video review of Mastro's? There was only one problem. The restaurant was very very DARK! The only light they had were these little candles on the tables and some lighting from the bar. So it was tough to take pictures of the restaurant, and the food without a huge flash, which would have disturbed the other guest, who was enjoying their dinner. So I decided just to put my camera down and enjoy my dinner also!

But to my surprise, I notice that when the waiters would bring out a dish of food, they would use small flashlights to show the guest how the food looks, bingo! I'll just use my iPhone to take pictures like everyone else when the food arrives. Mind you this whole train of thought happen while we were still waiting for our table. The service was excellent and very polite, from the host to the manager and everyone in between, they went out of their way to make us happy, and they did! As we set down at our table which was right in the middle of the restaurant, I already had an idea of what I wanted to order because I read the online menu all week, so I had a few minutes to check out the restaurant while my family decided for themselves what they wanted to order?

The large pictures windows looking out into the streets of NYC, the clean white tablecloths with small white candles, the great live band singing top of the chart hits, the illuminated bar packed with NYC, socialites and the lobster, steaks and champagne floating through the air told me we're at a five star restaurant in the middle of New York City!

As soon as my family knew what they wanted, the waiter was there ready to serve and never left us alone for more than 10 minutes, which scores a lot of points with me when I'm writing a blog review! Even though I already knew what I wanted to order, I always ask my 8000 Instagram followers what they suggest to order whenever I'm trying a new restaurant, and my foodie followers never let me down! And the popular vote was?
Mastro's Steakhouse NYC
The Creamed Style Corn! I must admit when I read the popular vote I was a bit confused? I believed cream style corn was something you ate at grandma's house on Sunday after church, not at a fancy steakhouse? Well, this creamed style corn had me repenting from such thoughts! The sweet, heavy cream and plump kernels of corn taste better and better with each mouthful, and it was a nice size order which is good for sharing. The extra bread came in, just in time for sopping up the last drop of this delicious dish! Thanks, foodie family for another great suggestion! 


Mastro's Steakhouse NYC
Next, we order the Crab Cakes! If you didn't already know? My family spent many summers in Ogunquit ME, because of that fact, I feel as though I know a little bit about a good crab cake, so my taste buds exercised their authority and said they were delicious! Two medallion size crab cakes which were toasty on the outside and tender on the inside severed with ripe avocado and a tangy tartar sauce, these were superb! Click here to see the blog food review about OGUNQUIT ME


Mastro's Steakhouse NYC 
Next, we had the Butterflied Shrimps sauteed in a buttercream and garlic sauce with garlic toast! The shrimp are a nice size if you don't mind plucking the tail off yourself? Trust me, these shrimps are so good, that a little finger labor is not much to ask! I would imagine that the buttercream garlic sauce could go with almost anything and taste great, but Mastro's nailed it when they combined it with plump shrimps and garlic toast!


Mastro's Steakhouse NYC
   The Gorgonzola Mac&Cheese is the adult version of the kid's classic side dish! It's served in a piping hot frying pan, and for your convenience, the waiter scoops a few spoon fulls in everyone's dish. We could smell the delicious Gorgonzola cheese as they placed a nice amount in our dishes, which taste even better than it smelled! The macaroni was nice and soft, on the inside and the cheese was firm and crispy on top, the way I like it! As you can see, this is a family size portion, so go ahead and let the kids experience what adulthood taste like! 


Mastro's Steakhouse NYC 
This is The Seafood Tower! The great thing about the tower is you can build it yourself, by choosing what type and how many seafood pieces you would like? We chose six shrimp cocktails, two whole lobsters, and four king crab legs. What could I possibly say? But wow! Each piece of seafood was very clean, and the ice kept them fresh! Sweet, meaty, tender and delicious are the words that came to my mind while my family and I were enjoying this seafood feast! BUT the presentation is what had the restaurant clapping when the waiters walked over to our table with this smokey volcano tower, take 15 seconds and watch all the excitement !!

 Watch 15 second video! 


Mastro's Steakhouse NYC
Even though all the food we ordered was delicious, it wouldn't make any sense if we didn't order what Mastro's Steakhouse was famous for? ( THE STEAK!) The only hard part was, which steak do we order? With the abundant's of food, we had already ordered, none of us wanted to have our own steak for dinner, so the waiter suggested the 24 oz Double Cut Porterhouse, which was the perfect choice for sharing! The severing plate the steak came on was piping hot, and so were the dishes they placed in front of us, that way, the steak stays hot long after the waiters kindly divide the steak into equal portions on our plates! The Porterhouse was cooked to perfection, burnt on the outside and medium on the inside. The steak was so juicy that no steak sauce, salt or pepper were needed. Mastro's has proven itself to earn the title STEAKHOUSE!

Now it's time for dessert! And because it was my mom and dad's anniversary I wanted something festive! I waved the waiter down to ask if they have any dessert that would fit the occasion? But before he came over I had to feed my Instagram addiction and check my likes and comments, and my comment timeline was filled with one phrase .. Get The Butter Cake! So we did.


Watch 15 second video!

Mastro's Steakhouse NYC
Please understand that I'm a big dessert fan and this dessert was a work of art!
Their signature warm golden butter cake was sweet and moist, topped with premium
 vanilla ice cream, fresh fruit dressing and a side of butter whipped cream, no matter
how full you might be DO NOT skip on this dessert, it was magnificent, to say the least!

Telling by the glow on my parent's faces this was one of the best anniversaries they ever had in their 46 years of marriage, but there was one last thing I had to do! I told them I was going to wash my hands, but I lied and went to the live band and tipped them to play my mom and dad's song they dance to on their wedding day and to give them a shout out!

YA, I know you're not supposed to lie to your parents, but I don't think they will hold that grudge too long? So as the band started playing For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder, they both looked at me and knew I told a fib! Once the band called them up to dance on their wedding song, they forgive me without me even saying sorry! And as my wife and I watch them dance, we both had a little tear in our eyes! We were so thankful for such a fantastic day, with mom and dad at The Met, and a great dinner at Mastro's Steakhouse!For a real New York, steakhouse experience go to Mastro's Steakhouse! 
Click here for more info! http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/

Yes, there was a few leftover so why not take them to go for lunch tomorrow? lol 


To Be The First To Read My Next Restaurant Review, Make Sure You Follow By Email BookMark or BlogLovin! Also Don't Forget To Share, Like, and Comment!


A few Twitter Shout Outs I received



...........................................................................................................................





...........................................................................................................................




No comments:

Post a Comment